There are no agency or home study fees for Adoptive parents who are adopting a child through Families For Children's Concurrent Plan and Matching foster/adopt programs. In addition, Adoptive parents receive a monthly reimbursement to cover the child's expenses until the adoption is finalized. After the adoption is finalized, continued funding is provided to adoptive parents through AAP (Adoption Assistance Program) until the child reaches 18. All of the child's medical expenses are covered by Medi-Cal until the age of 18.
Costs of the application process are limited to the following:
These non-recurring expenditures are reimbursable up to $400 at the finalization of the adoption.
- LiveScan fees - $50 to $60 per person over 18 years of age.
- CPR & First Aid - $45 to $55 per person depending on the provider.
- Physical exam and T.B. test - Cost determined by your health care coverage.
- DMV driving record printout - $5 at any DMV.
- Expenses incurred to comply with State required home safety check. May include:
- Fire extinguishers.
- Smoke alarms.
- Fencing or hard covers for pools & spas.
- Locks for cabinets containing items hazerdous to children.
How are we able to do this without fees?
We receive, through a combination of State and Federal funds, a Private Adoption Agency Reimbursement for every foster/adoption that is finalized. This amount is the same for all private adoption agencies
working with children from the foster care system. Although some agencies may require a fee to cover up front costs, our mission is to provide everyone an equal chance to adopt the many children
that need permanent homes, and and reap the rewards AFTER a placement is successful.